Right Click menu option = "Open with Disc Utility"?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bobbytomorow, Oct 11, 2010.

1. bobbytomorow macrumors 6502

bobbytomorow

Is there a way I can add that option to the menu when I right click external drives/discs/misc media?

For example, I stick in a USB Drive and the first thing I typically do is want to use disc utility so rather than going to apps>utilities>disc utility I would rather just have the option in the right click menu so the operation is quicker and easier.

I realize that I can make disc utility easier to access via shortcuts like just stick it in my dock or open it with spotlight but thats not what I want to do.

2. brijazz macrumors 6502

brijazz

I'm not sure if your request is possible (although someone more knowledgeable may be able to provide more info). But, why not just add "Disk Utility" to your Dock (and/or Finder sidebar) for quick access?

3. justaregularjoe macrumors 6502

I find that Command-Space -> type "disk" -> hit enter is usually faster than the disk mounting itself, and I often see the disk pop into the pane (meaning disk utility is ready to go before the disk is.) :D

4. bobbytomorow thread starter macrumors 6502

bobbytomorow

This seems to be the most efficient way of opening disk utility, still though it would be nice as a right click option.

Thanks fellas