Right Click on trackpad in MackBook Air revision 2

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by asthukral, Nov 18, 2008.

1. asthukral macrumors newbie

I was wondering if can simulate a right click mouse functionality on the MBA Air 2 using the available track pad. It is a desired feature since i don't want to use the USB for a mouse. Yes, I can have a blue tooth mouse and I have it with me but sometimes just want to use the laptop without it and be able to still work with Word and Excel (for MAC) and right click is a desired feature.

2. bengal85 macrumors regular

bengal85

I odnt know if you could program this but if you could my guess would be that you would have to look for it in the settings controls. if you have a bluetooth mouse though I would just use that exspecialy if its a laptop mouse because they are small and travel easily

3. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

Yes

2 finger tap

or

one finger tap while holding the control key

4. Lyrrad macrumors member

5. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

You have to enable it in the trackpad settings. Then two fingers on the track pad and click.

6. Ironic macrumors 6502a

Ironic

yep...

Attached Files:

7. asthukral thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

It works. The two finger tap worked for me. I did not had to do anything special. I guess came out of the box of my MBA Rev 2.

8. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

One of my favorite features (along with two finger scroll). It makes my work laptop (an XP Dell laptop) virtually unusable!

9. stealthman1 macrumors regular

Agree 100% and why I'm using my Air at work for everything I possibly can. In honesty though, my MBP is now unusable. I keep left clicking the trackpad and nothing happens. Buttons are so last century.:D