Right-click opens Dashboard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NXP, Aug 5, 2009.

1. NXP macrumors newbie

Aug 5, 2009
    Let me try to keep this short and specific.

Unibody MacBook Version 10.5.7

When I right click when using a mouse, it opens Dashboard.
    --If I change the mouse, it does the same.

When I two-finger click, it opens Dashboard.
    --Unchecking the SysPref>Trackpad>TwoFingers/SecondaryClick box will remove this ability and won't open Dashboard via the two-finger click method (but will not open the right-click menu, as it shouldn't).
    ----(An attached mouse's right-click still opens Dashboard)

When I one-finger click in the bottom left corner (as specified by SysPref>Trackpad>OneFinger/SecondaryClick(BottomLeftCorner)), it opens Dashboard.
    --Again, unchecking this option prevents Dashboard or the right-click menu from coming up.
    ----(An attached mouse's right-click still open Dashboard)

Finally, option-clicking DOES open up the right-click options, so no problems there... and that's how I've been doing all my right-clicking.

Since I am a keyboard/power user, option-clicking is my "right-click" of choice. However certain times when I "must" use a mouse, switching between the mouse and the keyboard simply to right-click is frustrating and time-consuming.

I hope someone can help... it may be a setting that I overlooked somewhere in System Preferences or something more convoluted. Either way, I thank you for your suggestions and help ahead of time!

2. spinnerlys Guest

Sep 7, 2008
    forlod bygningen
    System Preferences > Exposé & Spaces > Exposé > Dashboard:

Does that help?
  3. NXP thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 5, 2009
    I should have asked weeks ago... :)

Thanks! It helped a ton
  4. Bryan Aldana macrumors newbie

Jun 1, 2015
    I have the SAME exact problem. But i do not have the expose and spaces option under system preferences. I have a 13" macbook air. please help!
  5. Bryan Aldana macrumors newbie

Jun 1, 2015
  6. Bryan Aldana macrumors newbie

Jun 1, 2015
    I have found the answer! to anyone with the same problem:

You will find a similar setting if you go to System Preferences>Mission Control
    under these setting you might see right click mouse under mission control. Unselect it to just the (-) and you can right click again without opening the dashboard!