Right Click opens two windows

Discussion in 'macOS' started by archdelux, Apr 20, 2010.

1. archdelux macrumors 6502

Hi - I have my google chrome configured so that right clicking on a link automatically opens the link in a new tab in the background. The problem is that for some reason, about 50% of the time when I right click on my MBP trackpad (configured as bottom right of the trackpad), then two windows open--I can only assume this is due to the computer perceiving my click as two clicks.. I tried turning down (and up) the dial for 'double click speed', but that didn't help.

Any ideas?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Is there a plist file for Chrome that you can replace?

3. archdelux thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for your response. Unfortunately I dont know if it has a plist file, or even where to find it. I actually had to google plist..sorry if this is elementary; just got my first mac yesterday.

Where can I find the plist file and what should I replace it with?

thanks

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences

It might be called com.chrome.plist or something like that.

Drag it to your Desktop, then start Chrome.
    Report the result.

5. archdelux thread starter macrumors 6502

Dragged it to the desktop and started chrome, but same result - still opens 2 windows about 50% of the time.

thanks for your help though - any other suggestions?

6. archdelux thread starter macrumors 6502

update

An update: After using the computer for a while, I have figured out specifically when the problem occurs: It only opens two windows the first time when I load a new page. For example, if I click on a thread here and right click on something, it will open TWO tabs in the background. However, after this, I can right click on other links on the same page and it only opens one. HOWEVER, as soon as I go to a different page (ie if i go to a different thread, for example), then the FIRST link I right-click on opens two tabs and the following right-clicks opens only one tab as it should.

..weird! Any possible explanations as to what is going on here? Now instead of just troubleshooting, I am actually curious as to what could possibly be triggering this...thoughts?

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603