Right Click Play

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cristobalviel, Dec 6, 2010.

1. cristobalviel macrumors member

Hi, do you remember in ;windows; when you want to play an album folder, you hit, rigth click then play in winamp or play.. what ever.

THAt's what i want to do on my mac, how can i do that!!!
    I use vox player to listen music , so to play a song i have to doble click on the folder then prees the song, what i want to do is , rigth click on the folder then show's and oppcion who say "PLAY IN VOX" same's as windows,
    HOW can i do that with TERMINAL any TIP ? software ?

PLEASE HELP!! mac is great, i only have this issue

TKNS IN ADVANCE.

2. FourCandles, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010

FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Create an Automator Service to do this (Automator is in your Applications folder). You can experiment yourself and follow the Help, but roughly speaking you do this:

Launch Automator. Choose "Service" from the Template choices (NOT Folder action).

Choose Service receives selected: Folders in: Finder at the top of the right panel.

Then drag the "Get Folder Contents" action from the list on the left to below that.

Then drag the "Open Finder Items" action below that and change the "Open With" drop down to Vox.

Save the file and call it "Open with Vox" or similar. That has created and saved a workflow to do what you want.

You now have a right click item called Open with Vox which will work on a folder.

If you need to edit or delete the Service, it will be saved in ~username/Library/Services.

3. cristobalviel, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010

cristobalviel thread starter macrumors member

tkns, im ok, gonna let you know how im goin

4. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Sorry for the confusion, what I meant was that that should be what you choose in the first panel in the Automator sequence. Here's a screenshot - explains it better than I can:

GRAB.jpg

5. cristobalviel thread starter macrumors member

thanks !!!!!!

thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Works perfect !!!!!!!!!!, you make my day jaja haha, tkns a lot !

Now my mac it's perfect !!!! Hah
    bye.