Right click problem *Help*

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dell, Aug 3, 2007.

1. dell macrumors newbie

Lets see if you guys understand my problem.
    Recently, i have started getting this problem that whenever i right click in my macbook 4 times...the 5th time when i right click my screen refreshes and the windows that i had opened close automatically.

Will really appreciate if anyone can help me sort out this problem.

PS: Is there any software that could RESTORE my MAC:apple: settings to an older date, as there is in Windows.

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

where are you rightclicking?

i've just spent a couple minutes rightclicking everywhere imaginable and it doesn't do anything except show contextual menus.

3. dell thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for replying... really appreciate it !!

right clicking anywhere... its really weird ... is there to restore the factory settings of MAC OSX without deleting/uninstalling the softwares and the documents.

Hoping or a quick reply by anyway...

Thanks

4. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Unfortunately there isn't. However, you might try an Archive and Install. This will reinstall the OS and put your system folder in a "old system folder" so you still have everything.

5. m38 macrumors newbie

Had this issue before. It was a problem with a contextual menu item of Stuffit's. So if you don't use it, delete "StuffItCM.plugin" from the ~/Library/Contextual Menu Items/.

I believe there is also a fix somewhere on StuffIt's site.

This post has more info and helped fixed the problem: http://www.asceticmonk.com/blog/?p=499

6. prozaktif macrumors newbie

thank you for the solution. i had the same problem.