Right Click "Services" Menu?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by keogh, Dec 31, 2012.

1. keogh macrumors member

keogh

Howdy all,

Ok I have never used Automator in my life, but recently found it useful for one thing, and I can access this new "Service" via the App menu item in the menu bar (App Name > Services > My Neat Automator Service).

However, I do remember back in the Tiger days I use to have the Services menu in my right click menu, yet this seems to have disappeared? Although I have never looked for it, I can't remember seeing it for a long long time, so has the right click "Services" option been removed from OS X nowadays? Or do I have to re-enable it manually somewhere?

Be a lot easier if I could Right Click > Services > My Neat Automator Service instead of going to the menu bar.

ta

2. benwiggy macrumors 68020

It should be there. However, the list of Services that appears is Context-sensitive.
    So if none of your Services work with the item currently selected, then no Services will appear in the right-click menu. (And so probably not even the Service sub-menu item.)

3. keogh thread starter macrumors member

keogh

Yep never appeared for me, regardless where I was, I had to use the menu bar instead.

Don't matter now, Xtrafinder has everything I need and more, so no need for the services menu for me.