Right Click? Why Doesn't It Work?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by aesir911, Sep 18, 2010.

1. aesir911 macrumors member

Is there a way to right click without using a mouse on windows 7 while using bootcamp? I've tried everything and google search is not helping me in the least...

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

It should work just fine. What mouse are you using? Did you install the apple drivers?

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If the Apple drivers are installed, you can use two-finger click like in OS X.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Make sure you update to the latest trackpad driver using Apple Software Update (in Windows). It's still more finicky than OS X, but is improving.

You can also use control panel to assign right click to a corner of the trackpad if you can't get it to work the way you want to.

B

5. aesir911 thread starter macrumors member

how do you assign it? i am almost positive that i have the most updated version (how do you update the track pad?)

6. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

I use Windows XP under Boot Camp, not 7, but I enable it by going to Boot Camp preferences (through the system tray icon in XP)... are Boot Camp preferences accessible to you on Windows 7?

7. Tarek macrumors 6502

Yes, it must be accessible to him on Windows 7.

Make sure you have the latest Boot Camp version installed (which is 3.1) and play in the Trackpad settings a little bit in the Boot Camp Control Panel (right click the Boot Camp icon in the notification area and click Boot Camp Control Panel) and you should be good to go.