Right click will not work at all

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by blasto2236, Aug 30, 2014.

1. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

I've checked my System Preferences for the mouse and the right click option is definitely turned on, but it won't recognize the setting at all. Have to ctrl+click to bring up the menu every time. Anyone else on the Yosemite beta had this issue?

2. tmoerel macrumors 6502

Have you tried another mouse? Perhaps the button is broken...

3. notrack macrumors 6502

Now that you mention it... I noticed that right click didn't work when I wanted to adjust the toolbar via the context menu. I tried it several times. I don't exactly recall which app it was. The menu bar item was available though. Safari I believe.
    Right click also didn't work at a nother place but I really can't remember. I just thought they killed that feature since it worked otherwise.

4. blasto2236 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's the Magic Mouse, so they don't have separate buttons, it just detects which side of the mouse you are clicking on. I would guess that if it was a mechanical issue with the button then I wouldn't be able to click on anything at all.

Something similar happened when I first installed Yosemite, but I went in to settings and it had just unchecked the box to enable Secondary Click. Now when I go to settings the box is checked but it still doesn't work.

5. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

It's working for me - trackpapd though, not mouse.

Maybe try removing the mouse and re-pairing it? No reason it should work, but it won't hurt to try it.