Right Click?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MrMinor, Oct 17, 2008.

1. MrMinor macrumors 6502

I know that Macs do not have a right click button so I was wondering how exactly that works. For instance, I use Firefox as my browser (on a PC right now). I like to right click on links and click "open in new tab" or actually I have an extension that whenever I right click on a link it automatically opens in a new tab. If I were to get a Mac, is there a way to do that?

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

You can actually do Ctrl + click on PCs to open in a new tab. Unless you like to right click.

On a Mac you can Command + click to open in a new tab.

Macs can do right click with Ctrl + click or you can set up other ways in preferences for mice or trackpads.

3. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

On a MB I use the double finger tap for right click - works perfectly.

4. MrMinor thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. So if I have a trackball then I could set it up to still use my right click?

I often surf the internet from my couch with my track ball, kind of far away from the keyboard. It would not be the end of the world if I could not right click without using the keyboard, but it would be a bit more inconvenient.

5. MrMinor thread starter macrumors 6502

That would work for me. Thanks!

6. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

It should. I'm not a trackball user, but I have used a PC usb mouse on my Mac and used the right click button with no problems.

7. MrMinor thread starter macrumors 6502

8. munnstermac macrumors newbie

Thanks Soberbrain, you learn something new everyday, that will come in really useful. Your a gentleman and a scholar.

9. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Thanks. It's fun to learn new things. Have a nice weekend! :)

10. xxmuhahahahahxx macrumors newbie

theres also some nice add-ons for firefox, letting you simply drag a link away from its original placement. It's great, works with pictures, links, even googles selected text if you need it.

It's called Easy DragToGo.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6639