right clicking with a mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by utl768, Nov 23, 2010.

1. utl768 macrumors 6502

im buying a mac mini to replace to my ****** acer laptop

this will be my first mac for me although ive worked with them before in college

can you buy a traditional mouse with a left and right click option to use instead of apples mouse since right clicking with apples mouse is a pain in the ass

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can use any mouse you want with Mac or Windows... the OS doesn't matter.

3. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Then you are definitely doing it wrong.

Try putting it up on the desk instead, and just, errm, clicking on the right of the mouse. Works for me.

4. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

It must have been a while since you used a Mac if you still believe that right clicking with an Apple mouse is a pain in the ass. The Apple mouse not only right clicks like any other mouse but the top surface also has many of the same functions as a trackpad.

5. JenSwedhin macrumors newbie

Easy Peezy

I just switched to Mac, too. If you are used to using a laptop pad, consider getting a magic trackpad. It is like a big laptop pad to replace your mouse. It has tons of useful features, like finger swiping to minimize pages, and you just click with two fingers to right click. You can zoom in on the internet, page forward and back, switch applications, all right from the mouse with just moving your fingers. I love mine!

[​IMG]

6. Surely Guest

Surely

This has become quite the urban legend.....

I use a Magic Mouse along with BetterTouchTools. I set a two-finger click as a right click. Easy. Not a pain in the ass at all.