right fan all abuzz

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nephilim7, Aug 10, 2008.

1. nephilim7 macrumors regular

right fan in my mbp is dying (early 2008 rev). Can an apple store replace this or will they just look at it and ship it off. I'm asking because I can't really be without this machine and if it means a trip off to texas I'll just order the part and do it myself.

best

2. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

It depends on your local Apple Store. I've read some stores can do all sorts of repairs in-store, while others have to ship it off to a service center. You should call and ask just so you don't end up wasting your time. You could also check to see if there are any Apple-Authorized Service Provider in your area. They do repairs in store, so chances are they'll fix it in a few days time.

My MBP's left fan was making a grinding/buzzing sound and I took it to my local Apple Store and they had to ship it off. Now I regret doing so; it looks like the repair status page is not being updated because it still says "Shipment to repair center pending" even though I dropped off my MBP on Wednesday. At least I hope that's what it is; if I find out they still haven't shipped my MBP, I'm going to raise hell.

3. nephilim7 thread starter macrumors regular

I went in to the apple store today and they said they'd have to send it off, told em no thanks. Taking it tomorrow to an apple authorized repair center that has fans in stock and a tech to do it up within the hour. You'd think they'd teach one or two of their geniuses how to use a screwdriver =D