right hand slide bar freezing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vix2000, Jan 31, 2011.

1. vix2000 macrumors regular

Macbook air 11.6". anyone else having this problem? Every so often the slide bar keeps freezing and I have to use the arrows at the bottom to move the page up and down. Its getting annoying now.

2. simsaladimbamba

In what application(s) does the scroll bar freeze?

3. vix2000 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. In firefox at the moment. It works fine for a while and then stops. Not checked in any other programs.

4. Mr. Savage macrumors regular

Mr. Savage

Does it stop working regardless of whether or not the page has fully loaded or is it while the page is still loading. I seem to recall someone posting something like this yesterday with the same 11 inch MBA and ff. Does Safari behave same way?

5. vix2000 thread starter macrumors regular

Not checked safari but it seems to do it even if the page is fully loaded. Will monitor it and check on safari. Thank you.

6. simsaladimbamba

Also have a look at Activity Monitor ( Applications / Utilities /) and select All Processes and sort by CPU to see what the culprit may be.

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]

7. fmcs macrumors newbie

I have also started seeing this problem with my MBA. I am using Safari, and when it happens, the right hand scroll bar is locked, but the up/down arrow buttons below it still seem to work. Very peculiar!