Right L5 S1 Discectomy and Laminoforaminotomy.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
iGary said:
My surgery is tomorrow!

I'm terrified. :eek:
Of the surgery or the terrible, terrible super-bugs like MRSA & VRSA you can pick up in hospitals during recovery now-a-days?

Oh, you hadn't been thinking about the flesh eating viruses yet....sorry... :eek:

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
mpw said:
Of the surgery or the terrible, terrible super-bugs like MRSA & VRSA you can pick up in hospitals during recovery now-a-days?

Oh, you hadn't been thinking about the flesh eating viruses yet....sorry... :eek:
I already told the prep team I want a Valium drip waiting for me when I get there. That kind of terrified.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
iGary said:
I already told the prep team I want a Valium drip waiting for me when I get there. That kind of terrified.
Good luck!

My back still giving me hell and I really should get it looked at again but I keep meaning to do some exercise and lose weight before paying for more healthcare.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Good Luck

laminoforaminotomy eh? try saying that when you're drunk!!

All the best for tomorrow, iGary.
Hope you're not still worried about the anaesthesia, you'll be fine :)

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
dietcokevanilla said:

All the best for tomorrow, iGary.
Hope you're not still worried about the anaesthesia, you'll be fine :)
I couldn't say it up until a week ago.

I just hope the recoup time is short.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
iGary said:
I couldn't say it up until a week ago.

I just hope the recoup time is short.
Back surgery can be rough....but it is a lot better today than it was just a few years ago, by all accounts.

Good luck. If they ask you how you feel make sure you tell them how nervous you are, in some cases it is pertinent information to the anaesthesiologist. Last time I had surgery I passed out while they were putting the IV in, I was so embarrassed. :eek:

...sometimes I wish I had a valium drip just for everyday life.... :rolleyes:

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
Hopefully your surgery can be accomplished by small incision techniques and you'll be wondering why you were worried about it on post-op day 1, as well as free of most of the back pain. It does happen that way frequently.

Good luck, (and there are better things than a Valium drip, though I understand how good that must sound at this point.)

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
Best of luck (not that you actually do much until the surgery is over) and a speedy recovery to you. MR wishes you the best I'm quite sure....recover well.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
skunk said:
Good luck, iGazza! :)
LOL :D

Well I go in at 5 freaking thirty a.m. for a 7:30 surgery, which lasts two hours, then two hours in recovery, then they move me to a "real" room, and I guess if I can get up and walk, they will release me.

Please God, don't let me throw up. I hate throwing up.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
dietcokevanilla said:
That word has a good chance at being the one that will decide the winner at next year's National Spelling Bee championship.

Gary, please accept my best wishes for your surgery and recovery.

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.
PT

Don't forget the most important thing...

Physical Therapy...the PT you'll do after surgery is really important if you want to maintain your quality of life. I've seen people not do any PT and they have a stiff back (big surprise). I've seen others stick to it, do everything their PT suggests, and they're out on the pitch 2-3 months later.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
Good luck in surgery.

Don't worry about it. You'll do fine in surgery. There are almost never complications with these surgeries.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
iGary said:
I just don't want to throw up.

Believe it or not, that's the only thing I am afraid of. :rolleyes:
Are you serious. Your just afraid of throwing up.