Right Mouse Click on Dock Gives Error In Console

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bingefeller, Apr 13, 2010.

1. bingefeller macrumors 6502

Just noticed that when I right mouse click on an applications icon in the dock, doesn't matter if the app is running or not, I get one of these errors under my window.log:

[66] kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGXMoveWindowListToWorkspace: invalid window id: 4be

Anyone know what causes this?

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

No idea, I'm just chiming in to let you know this happens to me as well on both machines I have.

Edit: this seems to be triggered by the contextual menu that pops up on either a right click or a normal click if you have folders in the dock.

Are you having issues?

On my Mac Pro, I had a weird Dock crashing issue last week (that's why I've been paying attention to the logs).

-Kevin

3. bingefeller thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

Actually I'm not really having issues - my computer froze for a brief second earlier but it's fine now. I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I was trying to figure out what caused it but I can't think really. I've seen on numerous other forums people have similar problems but no one has come up with a solution or an answer to it. Probably one of those mystery log entries that sounds sinister but doesn't really mean anything. :)

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

A stray log entry is not a "problem". Stay out of Console unless you already have problems.