Right Shift on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AaronJD, Dec 19, 2013.

1. AaronJD macrumors newbie

Hello all. I have an issue that's infuriating though admittedly not critical.

I'm running a piece of software via Crossover. Upon launch, the software automatically shows a help screen but to get past the help screen I need to press Right Shift. We all know that Mac doesn't differentiate the Shift keys between right and left but apparently Windows does.

I have a Mac plugin called KeyRemap4MacBook and remapped the Right Shift key to somewhere else and although it works, it seems to remap the Mac shift key rather than remap AND give it the specific Right Shift functionality from Windows.

I even bought a cheap standard PC keyboard yesterday and plugged it in to see if that worked but still no joy.

Basically, is there any way at all to make this PC keyboard behave exactly like a PC keyboard so that I can have this damn Windows Right Shift? Any specific setting I can use or any way to make it work through KeyRemap4MacBook that I may have missed?

2. And macrumors 6502

And

How about contacting the manufacturers of the software asking them what solutions they have to offer for the bizarre requirement they have.