Right-side Dock settings.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Meyvn, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Meyvn macrumors 6502

So I've got a dual monitor setup, one on the left and one on the right. Is there a way (third party's fine) to make my Dock appear on the right side of the LEFT monitor?

2. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Go into System Preferences and select the Displays option. There's a small representation of your monitor setup, which you can drag around. There is also a small menu bar there. If you drag it to the other screen, it'll take the dock with it.

There may be a way to move the dock without moving the menu bar, though.

3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

By "on the right side" do you mean vertically on the right side or on the bottom right of the monitor?

The first can be done via System Preferences, the second via Onyx.

4. Meyvn, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011

Meyvn thread starter macrumors 6502

I mean vertically on the right side of the left monitor, which cannot be done in either System Preferences or Onyx. The only thing Apple will accommodate is either placing it on the bottom of the "main" monitor (Onyx allows for anchoring it left/right as well as the default center), left vertically on the leftmost monitor, or right vertically on the rightmost monitor. Theoretically I could tell the OS that the right monitor is the left monitor and do it that way, but then I'd be dragging windows left to go right and right to go left; I wouldn't be able to work that way. The whole point of trying this is to have the dock close to the center of my workspace.

Unfortunately, this isn't what I'm talking about either. When you make the Dock appear on the right side of the screen (vertically), it appears on the rightmost monitor, regardless of which one you've selected as the "main" screen.