Right speaker not working in Win XP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Brendon Bauer, May 30, 2008.

1. Brendon Bauer macrumors 6502

So I have a Santa Rosa MBP 2.4 and have Windows XP Professional installed via bootcamp. However, only my left speaker works... Not sure why. I read somewhere that one speaker gets disabled so as to not disturb the microphone, but the mic is IN the left speaker... and again only my left speaker works. Also, when I plug in external speakers, only the left speaker of the external speakers has sound coming out. Any ideas? I can't find any settings to fix it. Do I need to reinstall some drivers? If so, how do I do that... I have no idea. I don't even know where to find the drivers, unless I'm supposed to grab them off a bootcamp disk.

Thanks for your help!

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Have you checked in the "Play Control" (The speaker symbol next to the clock) that the Balance isn't just shifted to one speaker only? Sounds silly, but it might be that simple.

3. Brendon Bauer thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I've tried that. It's completely balanced. If I shift it completely to the right, all sound stops. Completely left, left gets louder. In the middle the left speaker works and the right doesn't...

I've also tried to change settings to Laptop Mono or Laptop Stereo etc, but with no luck. At one point I had hissing coming out of right speaker, but nothing more... Not even sure how I got that.

Any other ideas? It works fine in Mac OS X, but not in Windows.

4. Brendon Bauer thread starter macrumors 6502

Any ideas? Or does anyone else have the same problem? My problem still continues to be there.