Right speaker problems on Windows 7 running on a Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dylanweber, Apr 2, 2012.

1. dylanweber, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

dylanweber macrumors newbie

A week ago, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my MacBookPro8,3. I installed all of the drivers Apple provided with the Boot Camp Assistant.

I first noticed the my right speaker seemed to sound muffled when I was playing Team Fortress 2, a video game with 3D sound. All the sounds that were coming out of the right speaker sounded muffled.

I then went online and played some stereo sounds, and I confirmed the right speaker did sound muffled outside of Team Fortress 2. To make sure this wasn't a physical problem, I booted in Mac OS X and played the same stereo sounds, and the left and right speaker sounded equal and not muffled.

Any suggestions? I already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, nothing is working.

2. Norsean, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012

Norsean macrumors newbie

I have noticed the same problem recently. Have you figure out a way to fix it? I will post the solution if I ever got it solved.

Update:

So the speaker is shown as Cirrus Logic CS4206A (AB 13) on my mid 2010 Macbook pro 13 inch.
    I updated the driver using windows automatically search online. It installed a new driver and now the problem is not as bad as it used to be but still the right speaker still sounds lower than the left.