Rikaichan and Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zkac054, Feb 21, 2008.

1. zkac054 macrumors newbie

Hi all, new to mac, does anyone else use the rikaichan plugin for firefox? It's really useful for looking up Japanese while browsing web sites. In windows I could access it through the right click menu, but using my mac I have to access it through the toolbar. Anyone know of a quicker way?

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I rely on Rikaichan daily. In fact, it's one of the main reasons I stay with Firefox and don't move to Safari.

I have the latest Firefox 2.0.0.12 running Rikaichan 0.5.13 and right-click works fine for me. What versions are you using?

3. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

OK, for some reason my older version of Rikaichan wasn't noticing there were updates available so I had no idea V1.0 was out. I installed that and updated the dictionary and the only difference I can notice in right-clicking now is that it used to say "Toggle Rikaichan" but now it just says "Rikaichan". It has the same functionality though.

There are some cool new features too! Thanks for your post. I may never have realized this was out there. :D

4. ajx22 macrumors regular

Do you have Right-Click enabled in your OS Preferences?

5. zkac054 thread starter macrumors newbie

SaSaSushi: Couldn't agree with you more. I rely on Rikaichan totally and I love it to bits.

ajx22: Ha ha, OMG I didn't realize that you had to enable the right click in preferences. I just got my mac the other week so I'm still playing around with it :D

6. alienpic macrumors newbie

Agh Computers...

Can anyone advise me why Rikaichan is not working? I'm using MAC OS X, i downloaded firefox 2.0.0.12 and all the plug in downloads.

I can't get anything to work though...:confused: