RIM is stuck in 2005

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GarytheiPhonema, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GarytheiPhonema macrumors member

GarytheiPhonema

OMG look how bad the new BlackBerry Torch is according to Boy Genius...Original iPhone from 2007 is better!

2. EddyP macrumors 6502

I like my iPhone. I like it a lot. But I'd never feel the need to get all giddy about how bad a review of another phone was.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

4. Smtevo macrumors 6502

5. EddyP macrumors 6502

I'll take RIM's email functionality over iOS any day. IMO they still do that quite well.

6. pullfocus macrumors 6502a

pullfocus

Eh. I don't care enough about a phone to get all twitterpated over a negative review.

Yes, I love my iPhone, but hell, it's just a phone.

7. Justin122 macrumors 6502

2005 was one of the best years of my life, so count me in. :p

8. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

RIM won't last that long if they keep up what they're doing.

9. Savor Suspended

Savor

They are and this is coming from someone will get a BlackBerry next year when QNX out. My intention is to "downgrade" next time if the price is right since I feel apps are becoming overkill similar to illegal downloading being all the rage a decade ago before quieting down. Nothing wrong living in the past though. The year of 2005 was my year of this century anyway. RIM hasn't made a decent touchscreen phone ever similar to Nokia. But they do provide the best security, good reception, long battery life. and make solid messaging phones. Research In Slow Motion. But if you love living in the past like them, it may not be such a bad thing. It is not like they are providing monochrome screens like Palm Pilots or has no rewind button like a 8-track player. Nintendo gave us N64 graphics on a DS eight years after the bigger brother introduced and it still sold over 150M. BlackBerry still gives you the bare essentials like texting, email, camera, music player, and browser. To some people, that is all they ever need from a phone.

10. chris-st macrumors newbie

2005? I would say the new devices have them at about 2009!