riMac: Blue screen (and delay) or resolution change?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wdahab, Nov 13, 2014.

1. wdahab macrumors newbie

So I just got my riMac (295, 4.0, 8gb upgraded to 24gb). I brought it home, plugged it in, played around with it, then came back to work now.

In playing around with it, I encountered a bug of some sort. When I switch resolutions (I was playing with the various view modes) the display goes blue for about 10 seconds and then changes. At first I thought it was just how the new TCON changed resolutions, but then I saw some youtube videos of resolution switching, to see that it is supposed to switch at a quick, normal pace.

I'm going to play around with it more tonight, see if it goes away with a reboot and/or any kind of system resetting. In most daily use, it wouldn't be an issue of course, since I don't change resolutions, but it would probably be untenable playing games in full screen, where the resolution could be changing regularly.

Anyway, curious if anyone has had this happen, and whether it went away, or whether they had to get it replaced. Of course it could be just my own personal bad luck, or other people didn't realize this isn't how the resolution changes on other riMacs.

2. enroh macrumors member

i have the base retina iMac and it does this as well

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Mine does this in 2 seconds with no blue screen.

4. wdahab thread starter macrumors newbie

Did a reboot, with an SMC reset and PRAM reset. Not sure which (if any) of those three things did the trick, but it's now acting normal. So I guess my post will now just stand for anyone else experiencing this that it appears to be fixable.

Running it at the 3200x1800 scale, no lag at all even with mission control.