riMac order to delivery

Discussion in 'iMac' started by josh bear, Dec 7, 2014.

1. josh bear macrumors regular

Hi all

Considering replacing my iMac with a custom build riMac. I would be grateful for any help. I currently have a late 2013 iMac and have it hooked up to a 27 inch Cinema Display as well. I use it for Photoshop and lightroom and the retina would allow me to sell the Cinema Display and just utilise the screen size "created" by having a retina display whilst saving much needed desk space.

Can anyone help with the answers to two questions.

1. Can I transfer the extra ram I put into my current iMac?
    2. What sort of order to delivery times are you experiencing? The apple website says one to two weeks. Do they usually hit that timelines?

Thanks

Josh

2. TheBearman macrumors 6502

Can't speak to the memory but delivery, I'd say expect the full 2 weeks to occur prior to delivery. When I ordered mine on Nov 20th the target was 2-3 weeks. I'm still waiting and for it to arrive by the 3rd week it would need to ship on Monday. Not holding my breath on that.

Having said that, mine is a fairly full spec (didn't upgrade memory) with the VESA mount. I believe the mount may have an impact to delivery time.

3. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I ordered on November 20 when the ship time was 2-3 weeks and it just went to Preparing for Shipment today (December 7). I went high-end (4GHz i7 / 16GB / 512GB SSD / 295x).

4. josh bear thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. So a real chance I could get for Christmas if I act quickly. Hmmm maybe I'll drop a note to Santa

5. bentom13 macrumors member

I ordered mine on the 19 November and it dispatched on Friday,

The quoted time was 2-3 weeks,

It is in dr many on its way to the UK!

Delivery on Wednesday however I'm not allowed it until Christmas :(

6. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

I ordered mine on 29/11. Said 2-3 weeks for dispatch and 2-7 days delivery. Was quoted 23/12 to 03/01.

It got dispatched on 01/12 and arrived 05/12 :)

7. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Now in Anchorage and due on Friday (originally the following Monday).

8. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Regarding the RAM ... I transferred the RAM from my 2012 iMac to the RiMac (Crucial RAM) and it is working fine. Actually, I swapped the 32GB I had in the 2012 with the 16GB I got with the 2014 RiMac.

You should be fine with your 2013 memory if it is quality RAM.