Hello, I would like to upgrade my system in the next week or two... What I have now: A slightly "pimped" 2007 Mac Pro 1,1 Dual Xeon 3 GHz and 16 GB RAM, with a 23" ACD as my main work station and a mid-2012 rMBP Core-i7, 2,3 GHz, 256 SSD GB RAM, and 8 GB as my portable secondary/fallback computer. My Mac Pro still works perfectly and reliably, however, I'm not sure how long it'll continue to work this flawlessly. As I've been barely using my rMBP, I've decided to sell it. That leaves me with the Mac Pro as my sole computer, which is not optimal as I use it to earn a living. It's served me well for 8 years and now it's time for a solid upgrade. I have considered a nMP, but I just can't justify the cost this time around. I could go the custom-built route and either use Windows or use the build as a Hackintosh, but I just don't want to go that route. So, it seems the only sensible option would be the iMac. What I'm going to be doing on this machine: web & app development heavy-duty graphic design & illustration video editing (not heavy-duty) audio editing (not heavy-duty) medium-heavy animation & rendering I've done a bit of research in terms of specs and the like but I've never worked with an iMac before which is why I'm looking for input from people who do similar work and have hands-on experience on what it's like, what works well and what doesn't. Or perhaps you do similar work as referenced above and recommend a different solution? €2,600-3,000 is the absolute limit of what I can pay for a new setup at the moment. The configuration I would have chosen is below: Retina iMac Core-i7 processor 256 SSD AMD M295X (or is the M290X perfectly fine for what I need it to do?) 8 GB RAM (to be upgraded at a later stage) From what I've read on these forums, many seem to prefer the SSD over the FD. I've read about the issues people have been reporting regarding the M295X, but fan-noise doesn't bother me. To me, it seems sensible to get a decently powerful core system and add/swap components at a later time. I can always upgrade the RAM and add a good external drive further down the road. What do you think? Is this a sensible approach? If you work in a similar field, what system do you have or what would you recommend? Any input would be highly appreciated. PS: I do not want to wait for Skylake. I definitely am going to upgrade within the next two weeks, so I'm looking at options that currently exist. Thanks in advance!