Ring/Silent switch broken

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheBeeblebrox, Sep 19, 2014.

1. TheBeeblebrox macrumors newbie

TheBeeblebrox

Fresh out of the box and the ring/silent switch is stuck in silent/vibrate mode on my 6. Anyone else have this issue?

I have a Genius Bar appt. next week that I was going to get AC+ with, now I have to get an exchange too.

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

you don't need a genius bar appt. Just go to the store and show the managers that the phone is messed up out of the box. take your box etc. if they have retail stock they will swap it right then, if they don't they will likely work something out for you. And then buy your AC+ when you get the new one (which also doesn't require you to have an appt as its sold through the retail system not the service one these days)

3. TheBeeblebrox thread starter macrumors newbie

TheBeeblebrox

Ok good to know, never had AC+ before, always thought you needed an appointment for it, and always made an appointment for warranty repairs before but I may try walk-in Sunday, thanks.

4. C0SM0 macrumors member

My silent switch is broken too. I set it to silent, and now it's stuck. When I called Apple to report the problem with my order, they made me an appointment with a Genius tomorrow morning. I'm going to bring the box in case I need to just return the phone for a new one.

5. TheBeeblebrox thread starter macrumors newbie

TheBeeblebrox

Well my phone somewhat fixed itself overnight, I can get it to switch back to ring now but occasionally it will still stick, and I had a stuck pixel that went away too, must have been an Apple Fairy around last night lol.