Ring Tone Maker for the 3g?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The1TexasRanger, Feb 27, 2009.

1. The1TexasRanger macrumors member

The1TexasRanger

What is the best ring tone maker for the 3g. I tried one called iphone ring but every time it said it was syncing with the phone I could not find out where the program put the file. The program said made it was on the phone supposedly.lol...

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

3. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

4. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

A faster way (for me at least, I have a slow connection and this method only takes a minute if you've done it before) is to use iTunes:

1. Select the part of the song you want to use: right-click it, click Get Info, then Options, then set the start and stop time. You can use decimals to be more exact.

2. With the song selected, click Advanced in your menu bar, and click Create AAC Version. If it shows another format, go to iTunes Preferences, and Import Settings, then choose AAC Encoder in the top box.

3. Drag the new song (which should be listed right under the original if sorted by name) to your desktop, then remove it from your library without deleting the file.

4. Rename the file on the desktop, changing its extension from .m4a to .m4r, then drag it back into iTunes and it should be a ringtone.

Remember to set the start/stop times back to the originals.

5. The1TexasRanger thread starter macrumors member

The1TexasRanger

Oh Man!! Thanks!!!!!! That was perfect lol!... Thank You!!

Thank you all!

6. intelplatoon macrumors member

i just use garageband......loop any 30 seconds of the song that u want, then click "share" (i think it is) at the top toolbar, and go down to send ringtone to itunes.......it then shows up in your itunes folder...then drag it two your iphone....pretty simple.:D

7. drewccc macrumors newbie

I use myxer.com. Free and lets you use any section of you songs that you choose.

8. may76inc macrumors newbie

That is bull is right you don't need to buy a Ringtone maker program. The really head ache is getting the ringtone to your cellphone. If you have a memory card and a memory card reader on your computer it should be simple. I don't so I use bluetooth.

9. froggiemlm macrumors member