Ring volume affects alarm volume in 4.0?

livingonvideo13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
One thing I have noticed with my new iPhone 4 (and I am guessing it is an iOS 4.0 thing) is that my ring volume affects the alarm volume.

On my 3Gs, it did not matter what my ring volume was set at, when I set the alarm to go off, it played at full volume which I like. I am always changing the volume on my ringer depending on where I am so now I find that sometimes it is on low when an alarm goes off and now I don't hear it.

Anybody else notice this change?

stides

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
I am running a 3gs on ios3 and I can tell you my ringer does in fact affect my alarm volume. If I set it to vibrate, it still makes an audible alarm, but if the ringer is turned down the volume of the alarm is low.

I just tested it.

livingonvideo13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
I am running a 3gs on ios3 and I can tell you my ringer does in fact affect my alarm volume. If I set it to vibrate, it still makes an audible alarm, but if the ringer is turned down the volume of the alarm is low.

I just tested it.
Ok thanks! Maybe I was just dreaming it.

Winobie

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2009
Wilts UK
I do wish there was a separate alarm volume setting. An obviously useful feature has been recklessly omitted. Perhaps they will include it at some point in the distant future, providing they decide to give a ****.

[Edit] Was done in the following update... Wow... Thanks Apple, we love you long time.

Last edited:

volcom883

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2008
istanbul
Im using fm 4.3.3 on the iphone 3gs and i can confirm that the issue still hasnt been fixed. If the ringer volume is set to low my alarm will ring low!
Any help?

Arthursimps

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011
3G running 4.3.3

I discovered this issue this morning when I didn't hear my alarm, missed my flight, and had to spend an additional $450 to get to where I was going. I'm a bit upset that such a simple issue hasn't been addressed yet.

volcom883

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2008
istanbul
I discovered this issue this morning when I didn't hear my alarm, missed my flight, and had to spend an additional $450 to get to where I was going. I'm a bit upset that such a simple issue hasn't been addressed yet.
sorry to hear that.

last week i got late for work because of this "issue" again!

I am going to buy an alarm clock (a normal one) disappointing apple!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.