Ring volume affects alarm volume in 4.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by livingonvideo13, Jul 27, 2010.

1. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

One thing I have noticed with my new iPhone 4 (and I am guessing it is an iOS 4.0 thing) is that my ring volume affects the alarm volume.

On my 3Gs, it did not matter what my ring volume was set at, when I set the alarm to go off, it played at full volume which I like. I am always changing the volume on my ringer depending on where I am so now I find that sometimes it is on low when an alarm goes off and now I don't hear it.

Anybody else notice this change?

2. livingonvideo13 thread starter macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

3. stides macrumors newbie

I am running a 3gs on ios3 and I can tell you my ringer does in fact affect my alarm volume. If I set it to vibrate, it still makes an audible alarm, but if the ringer is turned down the volume of the alarm is low.

I just tested it.

4. livingonvideo13 thread starter macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Ok thanks! Maybe I was just dreaming it.

5. wackulous macrumors member

im having the same issue with ringer volume and the volume in my games..

6. Winobie, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011

Winobie macrumors newbie

I do wish there was a separate alarm volume setting. An obviously useful feature has been recklessly omitted. Perhaps they will include it at some point in the distant future, providing they decide to give a ****.

[Edit] Was done in the following update... Wow... Thanks Apple, we love you long time.

7. volcom883 macrumors regular

volcom883

Im using fm 4.3.3 on the iphone 3gs and i can confirm that the issue still hasnt been fixed. If the ringer volume is set to low my alarm will ring low!
    Any help?

8. Arthursimps macrumors newbie

3G running 4.3.3

I discovered this issue this morning when I didn't hear my alarm, missed my flight, and had to spend an additional $450 to get to where I was going. I'm a bit upset that such a simple issue hasn't been addressed yet.

9. volcom883 macrumors regular

volcom883

sorry to hear that.

last week i got late for work because of this "issue" again!

I am going to buy an alarm clock (a normal one) disappointing apple!