Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blown284

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
Pasadena, Maryland
Hi folks. My Iphone even with the volume/ringtone volume all the way up is not nearly loud enough to hear much less from across the room or even a few feet away. Am I the only one having this issue? What can I do to make it ring louder? I'm used to my Blackberry and just switched over. :mad::rolleyes::(

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
Hi folks. My Iphone even with the volume/ringtone volume all the way up is not nearly loud enough to hear much less from across the room or even a few feet away. Am I the only one having this issue? What can I do to make it ring louder? I'm used to my Blackberry and just switched over. :mad::rolleyes::(

Unfortunately you're kinda screwed for now. When ringtone access was available through 3rd party it was easy to drop in a louder tone but for now you're left to either the standard tones on the phone or a song via ringtones/itunes and no tones that aren't songs via itunes. You'll miss calls probably..pick the highest pitch tone. Sonar is working best for me.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Do you have the latest firmware (1.1.1.): I thought that was supposed to have improved the situation.

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
It's an absolute shame that the iPhone (IMO) has the quietest ringer in the industry. All of my previous phones were louder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.