Ringer not working

cleung

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Hong Kong
I bought my iPhone on Sunday. Two days ago, I set the ringer volume all the way down but reset it back to a level between mid to high. All it's doing now is vibrating. if I turn off vibrate, it doesn't even do anything and I'd never know someone is calling if I wasn't staring at the phone. If I change ringtone, I can hear the ringtone. However, the key sounds are no longer working either. Did I press some button that disabled something?

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
I bought my iPhone on Sunday. Two days ago, I set the ringer volume all the way down but reset it back to a level between mid to high. All it's doing now is vibrating. if I turn off vibrate, it doesn't even do anything and I'd never know someone is calling if I wasn't staring at the phone. If I change ringtone, I can hear the ringtone. However, the key sounds are no longer working either. Did I press some button that disabled something?
Umm... how about taking it off silent. See switch on side, next to volume control. If you see and orange dot, its on silent.

cleung

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Hong Kong
Umm... how about taking it off silent. See switch on side, next to volume control. If you see and orange dot, its on silent.
Ok, I feel like a total idiot. I didn't even know there was a silent mode button and it was on silent. Thanks so much for pointing that out.

zdilly

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2009
Thanks... thought it was time for the hammer treatment.. <bg> -Lynda

verbal11

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2009
ringer not working

Genius! I had no idea you could put it on silent either. Thanks so much for the tip!

Spsub

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2013
Ok, I feel like a total idiot. I didn't even know there was a silent mode button and it was on silent. Thanks so much for pointing that out.
Um. Yea.
Right there with you.
Had no idea there was a mute on the side.
Good to know!