Ringer not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cleung, Aug 23, 2007.

1. cleung macrumors regular

I bought my iPhone on Sunday. Two days ago, I set the ringer volume all the way down but reset it back to a level between mid to high. All it's doing now is vibrating. if I turn off vibrate, it doesn't even do anything and I'd never know someone is calling if I wasn't staring at the phone. If I change ringtone, I can hear the ringtone. However, the key sounds are no longer working either. Did I press some button that disabled something?

2. unity macrumors 6502a

Umm... how about taking it off silent. See switch on side, next to volume control. If you see and orange dot, its on silent.

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I had this happen to me recently-- plug in the headphones and unplug them. That made sounds work for me. :)

4. cleung thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, I feel like a total idiot. I didn't even know there was a silent mode button and it was on silent. Thanks so much for pointing that out.

5. zdilly macrumors newbie

Thanks... thought it was time for the hammer treatment.. <bg> -Lynda

6. verbal11 macrumors newbie

ringer not working

Genius! I had no idea you could put it on silent either. Thanks so much for the tip!

7. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

8. Spsub macrumors newbie

Um. Yea.
    Right there with you.
    Had no idea there was a mute on the side.
    Good to know!