Ringer playing through both headphones and speaker

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by burnswuff, Aug 6, 2012.

1. burnswuff macrumors newbie

I like to listen to music at work. However, I received a call and I realized that it was coming from both the earphones and the speakers on the phone. I don't want to leave it in silent mode because my phone is not in sight and I can't feel the vibrate on the desk. The problem only occurs only for calls with the Apple earphones. I have used another pair of earphones and this problem has never occurred before.

Does anyone know why it is playing through both the speakers and earphones? Is there a solution to this? I've looked through settings and I wasn't able to find any settings to change this.

2. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

As far as I know, the ringer has always rung in the headphones (at lease since iPhoneOS 2.0 that came on my iPhone 3G).

3. s.mack macrumors newbie

Sorry spillproof, not really what burswuff was asking. I am pretty sure he/she knows that it rings in the headphones.

Unfortunately, I too would like to know if you can configure iOS7's ringing/tones to ONLY ring in the headphones when they are plugged in - not in BOTH the headphones and the speaker (for everyone to hear).

Any suggestions?