Ringer volume bug? Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by California King, Aug 3, 2010.

1. California King macrumors 65816

Has this happened to anyone else? You would be on the home screen and try to adjust the ringer volume, but you'd be controlling the music volume. There would be absolutely no music playing and the only fix would be to reboot.
    (On iPhone 4, iOS 4.0.1 JB)

...Actually, if you quit out all the apps in the task manager, this will fix it as well, so I guess it's a problem with one of these apps not properly closing?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

did you have this issue before it was Jailbroken? (honest question)

3. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

I think I did have this problem before the JB, but not too certain. I figured out the app that was causing the problem was TextFree...which is weird b/c the app doesn't even play any music!

4. calvy macrumors 65816

no but i've seen other weird crap with the audio. I'll be walking with my iPhone, listening to the iPod, and will get an email, thus an alert. The volume will fade out for the ding, and fade back in at a lowered volume. Annoying.

5. bluer101 macrumors regular

I notice this when I have Pandora in multitasking. Just close it and it works fine. I think its because Pandora is paused in the background and still thinks the volume control is for it.

Forgot to add, I'm not JB and on 4.0

6. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

A couple days ago, I had a really weird issue where my headphones were plugged in and the iPod app was running. I wanted to turn down the music (the volume sounded like it was around 50%), but it displayed that the volume was at 0%. I couldn't turn it up either, it was basically locked in place...

7. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

I do have the issue and my phone is not Jailbroken. A restart of the phone fixes the problem, but it's still annoying.