Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Anyone here purchase or try RingerX VIP? I'm just curious to hear some more feedback on its usefulness. I really can't see myself setting individual settings for contacts, but I like the idea of the timer to completely mute the phone for a set period of time. Something I'd like, that I don't know if this does though, is set different settings by time of day.

I'll probably just spend the $2 and try this myself anyway, just wanted to know if anyone here has tried it? I used to like AutoSilent a lot, this seems like it could do what I liked about that and more.

infamous84

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2010
i bought this to see how it was, but i couldnt get the always silent to work on contacts, when i set the contact to always silent, it still rang like normal for that contact. I emailed the developer on the issue, to see if anything can be done

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
i bought this to see how it was, but i couldnt get the always silent to work on contacts, when i set the contact to always silent, it still rang like normal for that contact. I emailed the developer on the issue, to see if anything can be done

Let me know when/if they respond. Its always nice to know the dev will respond if you have issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.