Ringke FUSION Clear Bumper Hybrid Case for 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AllergyDoc, Oct 3, 2014.

1. AllergyDoc, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014

AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I picked this case up a couple weeks ago. Well, I bought it a couple of weeks ago; it just arrived today. Supply issues. It cost only $8.99 shipped. It's gone up a buck since.

The pictures on eBay give the impression that it's a hard shell case. It's not. It's a soft rubber-like product with good grip. I was attracted to it because it's clear and shows the phone off nicely, and because it has little doors over the ports on the bottom of the phone to keep dust and pocket lint out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you look closely at this picture, you can see tiny scratches or marks in the plastic above the ports:

[​IMG]

I left the port covers open in most of the shots, perhaps giving the impression that they don't stay closed. They do, they plug right into the ports snuggly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Impressions: A case with a nice safe feel, enough lip to easily protect the screen when the phone is laid screen-down, and covers over the ports on the bottom of the phone to keep them clean. The buttons have a nice feel to them, great click. Quite affordable.

On the downside, I get the feeling that it will scratch easily. Of course, this might only be visible in macro photographs. :) I also a little concerned that with time the port covers will tear off. Not that big of a deal.

Also available for the iPhone 6.

Link to eBay page.

Edit to add: I also received a screen cover with the case that I didn't use as I find them more of a hassle than they're worth.

2. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the review. I was curious to get the case but figured its too similar in protection to the Apple leather case I have had since launch (open bottom aside).

I would say if you want something slim and form fitting and shows off the beauty of the back of the iPhone, this looks to be the case to go with. The port covers are an added plus since you only usually see that on the more bulky cases from Otterbox, Ballistic, etc.

3. Kisey macrumors 6502a

4. teabonesteak macrumors regular

this was the first case i got for the wifey's 6 after the clear spigen. i think the ringke is way better. for some reason, the 6+ is taking FOREVER!!!

cant stand the spigen.. not bad for the price, but the little things like sleep button bother me.

cmon ringke.. ship it already!!

edit:

forgot.. thanks for the review! :)

5. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Thanks I've been checking out all the reviews of the version for the 6. I'm glad to see someone got it for 6 plus. I know it's available on eBay and hope Amazon makes it available soon

6. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Any suggestions on the best screen protector to use with this case? I like the lip on the front and wonder which one would offer best coverage and minimal exposed screen with this case on. Thanks

7. Texxy macrumors 6502

Texxy

Just got mine too, it is awesome and I love the bezel as it keeps the phone JUST safe enough without looking too big.

8. teabonesteak macrumors regular

love my ringke too.. but i must say that their customer service is terrible.

9. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

Just ordered one in smoke black. The back is still clear but the bumper portion is a see through smoke colour.

10. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

I just got mine too. I ordered the Fusion-Smoke Black or something like that. I absolutely love it.

So far I have :
    Ringke Fusion Smoke Black
    Incipio DualPro
    Verus Thor(not delivered yet)
    Spigen Neo Hybrid(gunmetal)
    Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal(space gray)
    Obliq Skyline Pro(mint) (not delivered yet)
    Supcase Unicorn Beetle Hybrid Bumper (black/clear)
    Obliq Flex-Pro(white) (not delivered yet)
    Obliq Flex-Pro(black) (not delivered yet)

Not really sure why I posted my cases but I love this case and I'd say its right up there with the Incipio DualPro and Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal. Although completely different cases. But this case feels GREAT!!!! And looks awesome on my space gray 6+.

11. Jzhann macrumors newbie

Mind posting pictures of the smoke black? Really hard to find any pictures on it since most people like the clear version

12. shadowgirl, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

shadowgirl macrumors regular

Agree. I had the Spigen also and hated it due to the buttons. Got the Ringke Fusion and I really like it. Buttons super easy to push and has the dust caps.

Are you all getting it from Amazon? I really have not had much trouble getting them as of late? The first one I ordered right around the time the phone came out so I had to wait but have ordered since then and was shipped the next day from Amazon. But I am a prime member could be part of it.

But let me say that I do wish it had more of a lip then it does. But that is the case with all of the clear cases I have found.

13. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Got mine from Amazon prime shipped for 11.99. Loving this case so far. I too and cared the clear back will get scratched real easily though, work see what happens. Other then that no issues as of yet.

14. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Out of the 5 cases I own(ed) (Fusion, NGP, NUMBERS, Neo Hybrid, & Air Cushion), the Fusion has the best feeling buttons. They are just so easy to press and are super responsive. It was by far my favorite case. Over time though, I started to dislike the backside. I felt the need to always wipe it down because it would get covered in my fingerprints/oily smudges/etc. For this reason, I've switched to the Switcheasy NUMBERS.

15. luigi408 macrumors 6502

Love mine. Got it this week. I returned my Apple Brown Leather case because this case was just better. Better protection, awesome port covers, thin, great grip, shows off the design, and buttons are super easy to press. Best case hands down I've tried. For 13 bucks it cost to buy from Amazom I don't care if it scratches. I hope at least it last couple of months.

16. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

Just got mine yesterday. Swapped it for the Spigen Ultra Hybrid (both in 'clear' color). They are VERY similar in look and design. The Ringke is a bit slimmer around the bumpers and little more 'sticky' grip. I like the port covers on it as well. Cool feature. I will trade off between both of these covers, as they both look and feel great! I like the fact that these cases do not add bulk to this already svelte and beautiful phone.

17. shadowgirl macrumors regular

Yeah but if you want clear, they don't make a clear. They have a frost white but no clear. All the cases with more protection don't seem to come in clear.

18. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

just ordered the black-smoke one.

looks awesome!

19. AllergyDoc thread starter macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

When the case didn't arrive on time, I opened a case with eBay, then found Ringke's customer service number (which wasn't easy to find) and rang them up. I was at first told the cases wouldn't be in for another 3 weeks, so I told the lady I wanted to cancel my order. I was passed up to a supervisor who said the cases "just arrived". I got it 3 days later.

I'm still enjoying this case, even though my whole fe says the other side be looks better, the yellow Spigen Neo Hybrid Something-Or-Other. It's too slippery.

20. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Yea, I prefer frost and matte finishes better. Clear TPU yellows over time and clear rigid/hard cases scratch easily.

21. drtran83 macrumors member

With the sides being a TPU bumper material, is it easy to push the sides of the case up to where it'll expose the phone a little?

22. shadowgirl, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

shadowgirl macrumors regular

Well, I figure I will just buy another if so lol. Someone said yesterday they used Mr. Eraser on their yellowing case and it keeps it the yellowing at bay??!! I figured that was an abrasive product but maybe not. I hate to constantly clean it if so but anyway. Yes, you are probably right in that it will. It is just that I am so tired of cases that cover the phone and with gold, who wants to cover it :(.

23. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Hope you find the perfect clear case with a big enough lip ;)

24. teabonesteak macrumors regular

I have prime and I love it. however, the case was sold and shipped from rearth and had a ship date of early October. for some reason, the target date came and left and I had no case. when I went to the product page, Amazon has some in stock, sold my rearth and shipped by Amazon via prime. when I inquired with rearth they said it was on extended back order. so they essentially by passed direct orders. I am not sure why they took my money and promised a date. I could have just orderd it via prime with no wait.

love the case but just wish they were clear on what they were promising.

25. shadowgirl macrumors regular

Yeah, I don't blame you and I agree. Did you say you went ahead and cancelled the one from them? I did that. I ordered a 2nd for a family member and they seemed to not have an exact date so I cancelled and ordered from Amazon and got on the two-day thing. They probably are too busy keeping Amazon in stock and happy that they are putting off the direct orders :(

----------

Yeah, so far I like the Ringke the best but if I found a clear case with a bigger lip etc I would buy it lol.

I am beginning to think it is very hard to find a case that meets all criteria lol.

Oh and I meant to say with a gold phone who (for me I mean) wants to cover it - not you want to cover it lol. Sorry.