Ringke Fusion New Colors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Firocity, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Firocity macrumors member

I am not sure if many of you all have had a chance to check out the Ringke Fusion, but they are coming out with two new colors, clear and champagne. I have the black one and I think it is by far the best case I've had. The back of it is truly scratch resistant and the bumper has a slim profile. I initially had the Belkin View case which quickly became scuffed and scratched. The Ringke just feels good in my hand and really showcases my Iphone with the clear back. Curious to see how the Clear one looks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/FUSION®-Relea...&qid=1382130552&sr=8-2&keywords=ringke+fusion

2. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

I hope those are better than the Spigen ultra hybrid
    http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-Releas...=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1382132542&sr=1-4

I’ve had mine for a week and it already has scratches all over the clear part. I’ve never had a case scratch so easily. It looks really good for the first day or two though. If the Ringke doesn’t scratch easily I will pick one up. It’s hard to find a review on Amazon because they are all mixed in with the review for the regular slim case.

3. scoop2mylue macrumors 6502a

scoop2mylue

I haven't gotten one scratch on my spigen and I have had it a week now

4. minimo3 macrumors regular

Did you peel off the protective overlays on the clear part? There is one on the inside and one on the outside.

5. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

Yeah I peeled then both off. There was one scratch out of the box but now there's three that are about an inch long. The weird thing is I don't keep my phone in my pocket, I have a belt holster so I have no idea where these scratches came from.

----------

That's good. Hopefully yours won't be like mine. I don't even use it anymore.

6. Akack macrumors 6502a

I've used both and yes I peeled off the 2 protectors.

The spigen one had two minor scratches (which I was willing to live with) right out of the box. After placing my iPhone into the case I noticed two very apparent scratches when inserting into the case. It continued to scratch more just by running my fingernails lightly on the back and by inserting and removing the 5s from its case. From my experience the Spigen one scratches much easier. I returned it to Amazon after about 1/2 day of use.

Had my Ringke for about 4 months now. Few minor scratches but nothing major. I take my phone out of its case often to clean it and never has it scratched my ringke case.

The ringke case specifically mentions they use a scratch resistant coating for the polycarbonate back, but don't see this mentioned for the spigen.

The spigen case is slightly slimmer than the ringke one though. Will defn buy the clear ringke to see how it goes with my gold 5s.

7. Firocity thread starter macrumors member

Let me know how it is. I may have to shell out the extra $10 for the clear one. I am curious to see a real image of the clear bumper.

8. 6thDAY, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013

6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I agree with the posts about the Spigen hybrid scratching easily.

In my opinion, I think it is the best clear back case because it has rubber shock absorption sides, but I scratched it taking the phone off to clean ever so often, as others mentioned.

I push don't in the top and right corners to take it off, and what happens is that the left top corner rubs against the plastic, and scratches it.

I was a bit disappointed, which is why I grabbed the ringke fusion.

It should be here on Monday so I'm excited to see its scratch resistant claim.

9. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

ALL and I mean ALL clear/glossy plastic will scratch eventually. For products this cheap, it's not like we're talking about a state of the art coating that they can apply to make it as tough as diamond. The Ringke looks good, but I'm wary of it because of the clear plastic back.

10. locoboi187 macrumors 6502a

11. Firocity thread starter macrumors member

Let me us know what you think when you get yours.

12. GALAGA macrumors member

GALAGA

My spigen untra hybrid had the same scratch too when i received it , I just ordered my rinke hopefully the clear is not as sensitive as the spigen one..

13. Mrrikki macrumors regular

They have on the UK Amazon, were there yesterday but not now.

14. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

so I just got my ringke fusion in the mail, and I got to say, it feels much sturdier than the Spigen Ultra Hybrid..

I'm an OCD maniac, and I clean my phone ever so often.

I'm a bit worried I might scrape the inside with the chamfered edges like I did with the Ultra Hybrid.

for those who have it already, any tricks for how to remove and insert the phone without scraping the inside?

15. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I just got mine as well. I'm not completely sold on the build quality, but it's a decent case. The back hasn't scratched up yet.

16. Firocity thread starter macrumors member

I just threw mine on, I am not sure if my edges have been scraped as I have not removed the case and don't plan on it, unless it gets real dirty behind the clear plastic or when I eventually get a mophie.

17. Akack macrumors 6502a

I've had my black ringke fusion for about 3 months and I take my phone out to clean at least once a week and no scratch on the clear back from removing/inserting iphone. More than likely will place an order for the clear/frost ringke fusion once it's released.

The spigen on the OTOH, first time placing it in scratched the inside of the clear back......returned to Amazon promptly.

18. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

click on the gold and it takes me back to the black. no option for gold or silver on amazon?

19. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

I've had the inside protector on my Ultra Hybrid until I released it didnt look good.

Took it off and immediately after inserting the phone, the chamfered edges scraped the inside.

that's when I looked into Ringke Fusion.

So the edge of the phone does not scrape the inside when you take it out or put it in?

If so, they must have a strong coating.

What about the outer back? Has it scratched at all?

I was super paranoid about the back that I got a BestSkinsEver body to protect the plastic, but if it's strong enough, I might just keep the protector as a backup.:D

20. Akack macrumors 6502a

Yes thats what happened with the spigen ultra hybrid with me: the edge of the phone scratched the inside of the back the first time I placed it in.

Tried taking a pic of my 3 month Ringke Fusion, no major scratches and I don't see any "buff" marks near the inside bottom where it has the potential to be scratched from the iphone. Again I'm super OCD and take my phone out almost weekly to clean case/phone.

There are some micro scratches on the clear back but that's to be expected, but nothing I would consider a big or unsightly scratch if that makes sense. If you're worried then I would still use a skin protector on the case like you mentioned.

From my pic: fyi the mark at the bottom near the edge is not a scratch, just reflection from the flash

Attached Files:

21. Akack, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013

Akack macrumors 6502a

Another pic: Honestly the pic makes it look a lot worse than it actually is. Sorry I'm unable to take pic of the case on my 5S since I don't have an actual camera :D

Attached Files:

22. Firocity thread starter macrumors member

I emailed Rearth and they are out of stock on the gold and clear options, that is the reason why they are not showing up on Amazon anymore. They should have them back in stock at the end of the month.

23. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

cool, thanks for the update.

24. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

I got the dark grey for my GF about a month ago and to my surprise it's holding up really well. The other thing that amazes me is that there's literally no dust that gets in the case.

I just purchase a black case for myself :)

25. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

My case came today...I like it. It gives me protection and shows off the sexy space grey, very reminiscence of the original iPhone.

I still love the apple leather case (black and red) but this is a change.

sorry for the crappy photos.

Attached Files: