Ringke iPhone 6 Plus Fusion case with pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brokenarrow184, Oct 11, 2014.

1. brokenarrow184, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

brokenarrow184 macrumors member

brokenarrow184

Just got me Ringke Fusion Black case today! Wish it showed up yesterday cause I dropped my phone, only had some rash on the edge though.

The case is really nice and fits tight but wasn't too hard to get on. I could see it getting loose if you take it off often. Very clean look and the edges are nice and grippy. Doesn't add much bulk at all. The port plugs on bottom are a nice touch but I can see those wearing out too if used often.

All in all I'm very pleased with this $11 purchase, included a screen protector but I won't use it. You can add your own image to the back but I'll probably just leave it clear.

Attached Files:

2. brokenarrow184 thread starter macrumors member

brokenarrow184

Trying to get pics to work...

Attached Files:

3. brokenarrow184 thread starter macrumors member

brokenarrow184

4. brokenarrow184 thread starter macrumors member

brokenarrow184

1 at a time

Attached Files:

5. brokenarrow184 thread starter macrumors member

brokenarrow184

6. drtran83 macrumors member

Since the sides of the case are a TPU material, is it easy to push the sides up to where you can expose the phone a little?

7. ihonda macrumors 68000

so looking at the picture it appears that it has the same nubs on the back like the spigen does so that the back does not get owned with scratches. is that indeed the case?

also, the black looks extremely glossy, was it just lighting or is it really tacky glossy?

8. brokenarrow184 thread starter macrumors member

brokenarrow184

The sides are rigid even though it is TPU. You can bend the edges out a lil but not much. It does have the raised nubs in the corners in the back, wish it had them on the front too. The black is very glossy and reflective. I think the smoke or maybe it's gun metal other color might look better.

9. wabadou macrumors member

I went through 4 cases looking for something as small as possible but still with protection and grippy.
    I tried Spigen slim armor ( too much bulk, no grip) Griffin Survivor slim ( great case, very grippy but too much bulk for everyday use, makes reachability harder but will probably use for outdoor activities, etc, where more protection might be needed) IBlason Hybrid Bumper case ( not enough corner protection or lip) Spigen Air Cushion ( not grippy enough but decent protection and air cushion corners)
    Just got the Ringke Fusion and love it. It's grippier than all but the Survivor Slim, but doesn't add bulk and the clear back shows off the phone. Adds enough grip so that I can do most things one handed without feeling like it's going to jump out of my hand but it doesn't add bulk.

10. ihonda macrumors 68000

wish it was matte finish not the gloss. and the smoke color looks like its transparent. AYYYYY

11. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Mine was hard to get on, I dont see it getting saggy.

12. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I ordered tow of these...black & clear. I can't wait to get them.

1. I liked the fact that it has lanyard holes in the bumper part. That way I can attach a wrist lanyard.
    2. Looking at the photos I wish the black wasn't so shiny.
    3. I loathe the the antenna lines on the ip6, but the way the black case covers them leaving just the straight lines visible is mildly tolerable.
    4. I will be using the provided templates to make designs for the back. I'm thinking some HAL 9000 & LCARS designs will be cool for a while cuz I want to keep my ip6+on the DL till the supply chain is normalized.

I'd love to hear everything about your experience with the case.

13. alau0115 macrumors regular

I am waiting mine to arrive, too.

I actually ordered Spigen Ultra Hybrid Clear in Sept but they haven't shipped it yet. While waiting, I spotted this Ringke Fusion and they look very similar at the first glance until I realized Ringke Fusion has

1. A lanyard hole (haven't used cell phone strap for ages but for iPhone 6+, I may due to the big size and this feature is favourable for Asian market)

2. The buttons seem to be more clickable according to the reviews and the way Ringke Fusion has designed the buttons (they call it Active Touch Technnology)

3. The raised lips at the back is 1.0mm on Ringke Fusion and 0.5mm on Spigen Ultra Hybrid

4. The raise edges for the screen is 0.7mm on Ringke Fusion and 0.8mm on Spigen Ultra Hybrid

5. Dust covers for connectors

IMO, if choosing coloured borders, there is one weakness of the Ringke Fusion versus Spigen Ultra Hybrid --- Spigen Ultra Hybrid have a better color selection and the borders are matte rather than shiny surfaces).

----------

Thanks for posting the pictures as I haven't come across Ringke Fusion Black. Shiny borders is not my favourite but yours look great and sleek probably because it blends in well with black screen and space grey back.