Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
Has anyone noticed that ringtonable songs in your iTune's library have lost their icons? You can still make them into ringtones with the Store menu but ringtone icons only show up for ringtones already made and in the Store.
Anyone else having this problem with 7.4.2?

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Has anyone noticed that ringtonable songs in your iTune's library have lost their icons? You can still make them into ringotnes with the Store menu but ringtone icons only show up for ringtones already made and in the Store.
Anyone else having this problem with 7.4.2?

Saw them today while messing around in iTunes........have to recheck when I get home in the morning.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
click command (apple key) + J and make sure Ringtone is checked.

Thanks, but that's not the problem. The column is there. I have had ringtones view enabled for days and they used to be there. Then they disappeared. Just for ringtoneable purchases, not in the store.
I saw on the apple support boards that this happened to quite a few users.

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2007
Thanks, but that's not the problem. The column is there. I have had ringtones view enabled for days and they used to be there. Then they disappeared. Just for ringtoneable purchases, not in the store.
I saw on the apple support boards that this happened to quite a few users.

This happened to me too. What you have to do is attempt to create
a ringtone anyway from a song you know to be eligible. In doing so you
will see the ringtone indicators will reappear.

I don't think you actually have to go as far as creating a ringtone but just start the process and then cancel. That should do it.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
I heard about that fix, I have been able to create ringtones from songs in my library, but the icons did not return. Tried quitting iTunes and restarting too. I can make the ringtone (if I remember which are eligible) but still no icons.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
Update! I restarted my laptop (with my iPhone out of the dock) and they came back. A co-worker found re-docking his iPhone (without restarting his laptop) caused them to return to his ringtonable tunes column on his laptop. Could be a coincidence or is Apple having software and or connection issues while looking at my library and inserting the icons?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.