Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bagridd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
I ‘ve been trying to enable the native iPhone ringtone "Piano Riff." However, after selecting it in Settings the iPhone persists in using "Ascending" (the default?). None of the other listed ringtones work when selected. Resetting the iPhone hasn’t worked, either. Suggestions?

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
maybe a restore?

when you click on the piano riff does it play it? and show the check mark?

and if your tired of those boring old ringtones try making your own maybe those will work look at my sig for a guide on how to make your own.

bagridd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Selecting "Piano Roll" from Sound Settings works fine--the check mark and test play are there. I had hoped (naively, I guess) to avoid a Restore. The problem first arose while attempting to install a custom ringtone (including the use of iToner), all of which failed, possibly because I'm wired to the Canadian iTunes store.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
i think it has something to do with itoner maybe it caused a problem in your ringtones settings im not to sure only option i can think of is to restore.

as a side note

I am also on the canadian itunes store and i have over 20 custom ringtones with the use of my guide no problems that i couldnt figure out so far. maybe if you want ringtones try using my guide provided in my sig

bagridd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Ringtone Stuck on "Ascending" (the default?)

For anyone linking to this thread:
I was finally able to find a solution to this problem by going to "Contacts"
and opening the "Info" on my own iPhone number which I had entered there. I set the ringtone Default" to "Piano Roll" and voila, my iPhone now sounds the pianistic chords!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.