Ringtone suggestions?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rye9, Jun 29, 2010.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

So, I feel that I should get a new ringtone to accompany my new iPhone 4, but I'm not sure what I'd like. I can always use a song from my iTunes library... but I'd also like to consider something else, as it may be more fun to have.

I was thinking of something Family Guy... but I don't know what kind of ringtone I would use from the show. A lot of people use Super Mario ringtones, and I would love that, but I don't wanna be like so many others. Is there anything similar to those you can suggest? I may consider using Zelda music as well... as I've been into both the Mario and Zelda series. Also, Pokemon... but idk if I'd like to sport that haha. Not in public at least :p.

Finally, are there any other famous jingles or songs anybody can think of? Maybe from any cartoons? I'm 20, so maybe something from my childhood that all of my friends when they hear my phone ring will be like "Cool!"... like songs from episodes from spongebob or something :p

2. thatoneguy92088 macrumors member

As I posted in the last ringtone topic, I am using this. It is really loud and I remember the song from playing Top Gear when I was really young. If you want SNES or NES music, there are lots more songs in the same channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICOotKB_MUc

3. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

4. Shyfty macrumors member

I went through a phase where I would use 1950s PSA-style music. 'Holiday for Strings' is a good one.

5. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Actually I just thought of the song "City escape" from sonic adventure 2 battle for gamecube. Idk if anybody is familiar with that, but yeah lol.

Anywho, I googled it and found a free clip of the song, so I downloaded it but it's mp3 format... I changed the file to .m4r but it still won't add to iTunes as a ringtone?

6. thatoneguy92088 macrumors member

Convert it in iTunes to .m4a, then change the extension to .m4r and it should show up.

7. dasblack macrumors newbie

how do you convert to .m4a in itunes? I used wavepad to convert .mp3 into .m4a then renamed to .m4r. it just plays static now

8. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I've been using the opening riff of Superstition by Stevie Wonder for awhile now. I'm starting to get bored with it though.

I have a special ringtone reserved for my mother though, "The Bitch is Back" by Elton John. It makes all my friends laugh when I answer the phone and say "Hi Mom" after the ringtone goes off. Then again, my friends have nicknamed my mom "Dragon Lady." So YMV with that tone.

In the past I've used the instrumental solo from Nina Simone's "Sinnerman" as my general tone.

-Don

9. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

10. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

I've been using the invicibility star melody from Mario Kart 64 for ages now.

11. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

I think it's been long enough now.

Crazy Frog. :cool:

12. Shyfty macrumors member

Oh, Christ! It will never be long enough.

13. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Try this. I used it on my iPhone for a while... it actually wasn't loud enough though, even with the volume cranked. :(

14. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

Sounds like you might enjoy my app, Ringtones Uncensored... there are several free versions.

15. chown33 macrumors 604

16. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

I just switched my ringtone from Dr Feelgood - Motley Crue to Twilight By ELO :D I love their music :D