Ringtone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Enoch1, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Enoch1 macrumors newbie

How does one put in a new ringtone (not one in the library of ringtones) onto an iPhone6+. I can see how to change the ringtones not to put a different one onto the iPhone

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

You can make ring tones in Garageband right on the iPhone or in Garageband on a Mac and then load them via iTunes. Either way you'll be saving them in a specific ring tone file format.

For Garageband on the iPhone, if you want to use an MP3 song file and create a ring tone from it, it will need to first be loaded to your iPhone through iTunes. You can also just create a ring tone of your own using the Garageband loops and instruments that come with it.

Otherwise, you can buy ring tones from the iTunes store I think.

3. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

It's disappointing that you still need iTunes to manage ringtones. D love it if Apple would allow a sound file to be saved directly to the phone and be assigned as a ringtone or alert sound.

4. Enoch1 thread starter macrumors newbie

What I actually have is a ringtone with a " m4r " extension. This was on my old iPhone5s, but did not transfer across to the new iPhone6+. The question is that how do I insert this ringtone into my new iPhone. I have a iMac desktop, obviously with iTunes. I just can't find a way to install the ringtone via iTunes onto my iPhone

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Drag and drop it into the tones section in iTunes and sync with your phone.

6. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

I click on iTunes with my iPhone, go to the ringtone site, find a tone I like......Done

7. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Yep...And also make sure that tones are selected to sync, in iTunes.