Ringtones and iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sherrydanb408, Oct 26, 2011.

1. sherrydanb408 macrumors newbie

Hi all!

I am a recent convert (Android to iPhone) and I was playing around with creating ringtones for my iPhone 4. I followed the directions on how to convert .mp4a to .mp4r and loaded the ringtones on my iPhone. Now the problem...

When I load my playlist onto the phone, the phone is reading the song as a ringtone. Basically, even though the song is showing as the full song on my iTunes, the phone is playing the ringtone version. Does anyone know how I can have both song and ringtone loaded on the phone, but be read as different type of files?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

3. sherrydanb408 thread starter macrumors newbie

The original song I used to create the ringtone from is in .mp4a format. And when I plug in my phone to iTunes, the song on my playlist shows as .mp4a format...yet when played from the phone (via playlist) it is playing the ringtone version.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Just a random guess as I'm not familiar with the directions you referred to, but willing to toss a thought into the ring.

If the process to make the ringtone involved setting the song start and end times, did you go back an reset those on the original song?

If you change the name of the ringtone version and resync everything, what shows and plays in the playlist?

5. sherrydanb408 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did go back and reset the start and end time from the original song, but still not working when loaded on my phone.

I also changed the name of the ringtone, and the original song shows on the playlist but still playing the ringtone version.