Ringtones for 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by meghmo, Oct 24, 2011.

1. meghmo macrumors newbie

I just got a new 4s, and I was wondering if there's any way to make a ringtone for my phone.
    I have the latest version of iTunes, but I don't see a folder for ringtones on it. I'm very confused as to what to do, just because I recently upgraded from a Samsung Impression to this. I used to make ringtones for my phone all the time, and now they won't even work on this phone.

2. TheLegend macrumors member

TheLegend

If you want to make ringtones from songs or audio clips that you have stored in your phone, try the free app

RingtoneDJ

I imagine it should solve your problems.

3. meghmo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! I will try that tonight. If it doesn't work, well, I'll be back here, haha.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

^ What I use. Relatively simple, no special apps needed. You can use these tones for notifications and alarms as well.

Once you've added some ringtones using the linked instructions above you'll see Ringtones in iTunes.

5. ET iPhone Home, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011

ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Create a Ringtone Folder in iTunes

1. Input the Music Titlle (MP3) you want to create a Ringtone for in iTunes Ringtone Folder.
    2. Two Finger Tap on Trackpad to "Get Info" for the MP3 title, then Go to OPTIONS TAB
    3. In OPTIONS TAB, Create a Start and End Time and Click on OK. You may need to search within the song if
    the portion of the ringtone you prefer is not in the beginning of the title. Set start and end times accordingly to where you want your ringtone to begin and end.
    4. Two Finger Tap on Trackpad and Select, Create AAC Version

If you don’t see this option, then go to iTunes > Preferences > General Tab and click on the “Import Settings" button. Change the “Import Using” dropdown menu to “AAC Encoder“.

(This will create a modified version from the original MP3. This will automatically pop up in iTunes.)

5. Click and Drag AAC Version from iTunes to your desktop.
    6. Two Finger Tap and Select, Name and Extension
    7. Change file extension from .m4a to .m4r
    8. Sync 4S to iTunes and Export ringtone from iTunes into your Ringtone Folder in your 4S.

Your good to go.

6. meghmo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thanks guys! You've all been wonderful help :)