Ringtones For iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by slinky1, Jan 28, 2009.

1. slinky1 macrumors member

Wanted to download some ringtones from iTunes which i haven't done before.
    Thought it would be easy,but what has happened I'm not sure.
    Purchased the MP4 sounds which i thought would go straight into my ringtones folder in iTunes but they are in my music library.
    Tried to sync my iPhone but they have not appeared in my sounds which i guessed.
    I even right clicked to create a ring tone,but the message gave a code saying this was not possible,check server connection.
    I am based in the uk,so I'm on the uk iTunes site......
    I have :apple: iMac with all up to date software...Including Iphone software
    Any ideas.Don't really want 30 seconds of a ringtone that i carn't use, in my music playlist !!!!!:(

2. Acronym macrumors 68000

dont waste your money on buying ringtones make your own its free and easy (look at my sig) the possibilities are endless.

3. exhibit.b macrumors regular

Yeah, like Acronym said there are so many free ways to get ringtones. No need to pay for a song twice on itunes. I use Fission and just drag a song from itunes to it. Really quick and easy.

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

You can also use GarageBand with DRM Free songs. Which soon, all iTunes songs will be DRM free. I wish Apple would offer a free upgrade to iTunes Plus songs.

David

5. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Is 230 ringtones enough, it is in my signature.

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

7. deadsouls macrumors regular

welcome to the world of apple where everything is so revolutionary you can't even make a ringtone out of a song thats already on your phone.

8. Acronym macrumors 68000

fixed it for you