Ringtones-Help please, I'm having a "moment"...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Azzin, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Azzin macrumors 68040

Hi all,

I've done something, somewhere and now I'm not getting a different ringtone when SWMBO rings... :eek:

The ringtones are in iTunes>Ringtones and are visible in iTunes when the phone is connected and I select the "ringtones" tab (I tick "Sync all ringtones").

When I then go to the phone, I select one tone as my default tone, go into Contacts>SWMBO>Edit>Ringtone and select the tone, but when her phone rings mine I get the default tone I selected (Through the Fire & Flames by Dragonforce :D ).

Driving me batty now..... :(

Thanks.

2. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

This is a common question from our customers.

Make sure you have the area code stored for your contact. You might even need 1+ as the prefix (or whatever your country code is). Even though the phone is smart enough to know it's your contact, the ringtone feature requires the same full telephone # that your carrier (AT&T, etc.) transmits.

3. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks.

Although I'm in the UK, I always enter full coountry codes for my contacts (+44 etc), so it's not that.

The only thing I can think of is that I had our home number in twice-once in SWMBO's entry and once as "Home".

I've deleted the home entry just in case (can't see that was causing a problem, but I wanted to eliminate it anyway) and I'll retest when she gets up!

Thanks. :)

4. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

The most reliable method would be to delete their number altogether, then have the person call you, and then store that number as her contact. That guarantees you've saved the number in the same format your carrier transmits it.

5. Azzin thread starter macrumors 68040

I'll give that a try, thanks.