ringtones not being synced!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by parry123, Dec 5, 2010.

1. parry123 macrumors newbie

Its an iphone 3G on the latest 4.2.1 and the ringtones were bought on the iphone then once synced it removed the ringtones off the phone and created a ringtone folder on Itunes. Under the store tab on Itunes there is the 'purchased on .......'s iPhone' and the ringtones are there aswell. Its doing my head in i dont understand why they wont sync, when the phone is connected it has the ringtones tab, and i can press on sync 'selected ringtones' and it even brings them up and they are highlighted as to be synced. After the sync i cant find them on the phone unless im looking in the wrong place on the phone!

Cheers people :)

Paz

2. Grinchus macrumors newbie

It's your iPhone jailbroken with redsn0w? Had similar problems... Also iBooks was not working... restored my iPhone 3G with iTunes and didn't JB... Now the ringtones are where they should be and also iBooks is working... I think redsn0w has real problems with iOS 4.2.1...

3. parry123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope it's not jail broken it's just standard that's why it's doing my head in so much.

4. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

Do you have your music/movies/etc. set to 'Sync Manually'? If so, that applies to ringtones as well. You have to drag the desired ringtones manually over to the tiny picture of the iPhone under Devices.