Ringtones not clipping and syncing properly (+email prob)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by heyrkstar, Feb 11, 2010.

1. heyrkstar macrumors newbie

I'm just going to go ahead and lay out all my issues in one thread.

Issue one:

I clip original song (for ringtone) i.e: Start time 1:06 Stop Time 1:27
    It does not give me a 20 second clip. It gives me a 1:27 minute clip.
    I then convert to AAC, changing format to m4r and deleting the copy in itunes. I move the m4r to ringtones, and VOILA it's there, BUT at 1:27 minutes long. I sync, it does not show up at all in my ringtones in my settings on my phone.

Don't know what's going on since the new "update"... Anyone know why it's not clipping right, and why it's not showing up in my sounds setting on my phone? (I figure because it's not a 30 second or less clip)

Issue two:

I wake up this morning to check my emails and this is what it looks like. I have absolutely no Mail Control bar to navigate anything, and it's quite frustrating. Anyone know what the heck it could be?

[​IMG]

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

i think the stop time has to be 20. so it knows to play for 20 seconds....thats why.

3. heyrkstar thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I tried that, and then it just did the whole song. I will try again. But I fixed the email problem, I restarted my phone and now that's back to normal. Now onto the ringtone issue. lol