Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creeman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Well, i did the free ringtone trick thing, and, the ringtones get synced to the iphone, and i see them in the ringtones section, but, i can not play them. And if i set it as a ringer, it doesnt play, it just vibrates. How do i get it to play, whats wrong????

creeman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Ringtones?!?!?!

What do i do?? I have followed many tutorials, but, once the ringtone is on the phone, it does not play. I can get the ringtone on my iphone, but, wont play?? Why not? Any one have any ideas??

Resevdog

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
What do i do?? I have followed many tutorials, but, once the ringtone is on the phone, it does not play. I can get the ringtone on my iphone, but, wont play?? Why not? Any one have any ideas??

Are you using XP/Vista by any chance? I think this may be a Windows issue.

I'm having the same problem. The big thread regarding ringtones, on page 11 has a solution which I haven't tried yet. It adds a couple more steps involving editing the extension again, then adding the file into the itunes ringtone maker.... I'll give it a shot and see if it works.

AppleSJ511606

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2005
Where is that thread? I got like 2 ringtones to play that that's only because I coded them to .acc within iTunes THEN used iDemo. to Xfer them....but the rest were .acc ready so where's this epic thread that you speak of?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.