Ringtones not playing on phone?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by creeman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. creeman macrumors 6502

Well, i did the free ringtone trick thing, and, the ringtones get synced to the iphone, and i see them in the ringtones section, but, i can not play them. And if i set it as a ringer, it doesnt play, it just vibrates. How do i get it to play, whats wrong????

2. creeman thread starter macrumors 6502

Ringtones?!?!?!

What do i do?? I have followed many tutorials, but, once the ringtone is on the phone, it does not play. I can get the ringtone on my iphone, but, wont play?? Why not? Any one have any ideas??

3. Resevdog macrumors regular

Are you using XP/Vista by any chance? I think this may be a Windows issue.

I'm having the same problem. The big thread regarding ringtones, on page 11 has a solution which I haven't tried yet. It adds a couple more steps involving editing the extension again, then adding the file into the itunes ringtone maker.... I'll give it a shot and see if it works.

4. AppleSJ511606 macrumors member

Where is that thread? I got like 2 ringtones to play that that's only because I coded them to .acc within iTunes THEN used iDemo. to Xfer them....but the rest were .acc ready so where's this epic thread that you speak of?