Ringtones on i4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ButchVA, Aug 31, 2010.

1. ButchVA macrumors newbie

I've got an i4 ordered (three weeks, they say), and I honestly haven't had time to research this given my school schedule at the moment, so I'm asking here...

How hard is it to create ringtones for the i4? I *assume* that's possible? I have a whole boatload of fun stuff I've created for my older phones. Can I use any of them? Can I convert them somehow? Marvin Martian saying "Oh drat these computers! They're so naughty and so complex, I could pinch them" when I get a text message cracks me up (as it does other people). I'd really hate to lose that.

Thanks to the discussion here, I refused delivery of the i4 dock that I'd ordered, since apparently it won't work if the phone has a bumper on it.

Tks!

Butch

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

They have to be in a specific format and, thankfully, if you have a Mac you can just use GarageBand to either convert them or create a custom ringtone. I have created two of my own and use them on my iPhone 4.

If you're using Windows, why?

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Regular ringtones for the iPhone are easy--search this forum for "custom ringtones iTunes" for the easiest way to create them right in that app, Mac OR Windows.

Unfortunately, SMS ringtones for texting aren't allowed on stock iPhones at this point. You have to jailbreak to get that ability, we've been waiting for those for 4 phone generations already.

4. xyz1534 macrumors regular

I use www.audiko.net to download free ring tones

You can also make your own ring tones, dunno how easy it is to do never tried it...

5. ButchVA thread starter macrumors newbie

Windows? Are you kidding me? They'll have to pry my Mac from my cold, dead fingers dude! Been using one since 1988, and I ain't about to change now!

Tks!

B

6. WolverineGuy macrumors member

I use iRinger. Great program, lets you edit the songs and automatically exports them to iTunes as ringtones.

7. shandyman Suspended

+1 and it's easy to create on there, i do it often