Ringtones purchased on iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lilly17, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Lilly17 macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2010
    I am a new iPhone user and purchased some ringtones on iTunes. This then showed under Purchased items. I then proceeded to sync my phone and especially clicked on the tab that says ringtones to include that and clicked on apply. When I look on my phone and go into my ipod I can see the ringtones that I purchased under my playlists but how do I get them from my playlist to use them to assign them as ringtones to my contacts?

I would really appreciate some help on this
  2. gdlcjr macrumors regular

Dec 3, 2009

If it sync properly. Go to your contact. Select the contact you want to have a ringtone. There should be a ringtone (if not change it say default). Select it and you will a list of ringtone available. All the one you bought will be under Custom.
  3. Lilly17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2010
    Ringtones purchased

Hello gdlcjr, thanks for replying, I have made dubbly sure that I pressed the apply button on the ringtone tab and I can see the ringtones on my phone but only on the iPod part of the phone and then it shows under purchased. I had a look I do not have any custom under my ringtones. So where am I going wrong?
  4. -aggie- macrumors P6

Jun 19, 2009
    Where bunnies are welcome.
    In iTunes on your computer, where are the ringtones you bought?
  5. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Mar 18, 2008
    Bracknell UK
    Try these steps Lilly.

1. Go to the contacts application

2. Choose the contact that you want to assign a ringtone to

3. Click the Edit button on the screen

4. You should see a field saying "ringtone: Default". Click there.

5. You will be in your ringtones list. Choose the one you want. Close the app.

6. Wait for your contact to call you :)