Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
the easiest way to get ringtones is to just use the latest version of garageband, you can edit and do a simple export to itunes as ringtone. But you need to have the ilife '08 version, otherwise you have to rename an aac output.

naftalim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Thanks, I did manage to get one rigntone by importing a file from the Mac into Garageband. However how do I take this URL which is a ringtone and import into Garageband http://www.iphonehacks.com/Cell_Phone_Ringing.aif

Thanks

the easiest way to get ringtones is to just use the latest version of garageband, you can edit and do a simple export to itunes as ringtone. But you need to have the ilife '08 version, otherwise you have to rename an aac output.

USMCSSGT

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2008
Beaufort, SC
Nakko.com!!!!

You create an account (very easy) and then upload songs that are already on your computer and edit them to what you want your ringtone to be. That's it!

You could also search through everyone's "locker" and download their songs. It is a great website for ringtones, graphics, and games.

dexterleong

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
I am using WinSCP for windows and this software allows you to view the iphone directory using WiFi. Then you just need to copy the ringtone into the ringtone directory of iPhone. I used a mp3 file (Shorten it to around 3-4 mins) then run a ringthis program to convert it to ringtone format. then rename the extension from m4a to m4r. copy it to the ringtone directory(Restart iPhone after this) and you now can select it from the sound under settings.:)

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
I just got an unlocked iPhone. I have been trying to add Ringtones, but stumped. When I download, I get a URL like this, how do I drag this to iTunes so Ic an convert to AAC and the use iTone to load on the iPhone? http://www.iphonehacks.com/Cell_Phone_Ringing.aif

Thanks

I know this may be late, but the easiest way is to download the file from the link provided. Once it is on your computer, then you can easily add the aif file to iTunes, by simply dragging it to your open iTunes window (you may have to change the extension to aiff). Then convert it to mp3, by right-clicking (ctrl-click) on the file. Once converted, drag the new file to the desktop, open iToner, drag to the window, then hit sync. Viola, done.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.