Ringtones using Itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flanetpa, Sep 28, 2007.

1. flanetpa macrumors newbie

If you buy a song on iTunes, can several ringtones be created on portions of the song for one price or do you have to purchase each ringtone created from the one song?

flane

2. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

The software only allows you to create a single ringtone at a time.

If you already own the song, you might be able to make multiple ringtones from it, one at a time, for 99 cents each, but I don't know since I don't use the service.

3. atavision macrumors member

more on ringtones

Flanetpa, do you know the basic procedure for buying ringtones from iTunes? I can't seem to find any info about it anywhere, I'm sure it's there somewhere, but I saw your post and thought you might be able to help.
    So how do you convert a regular song (or part thereof) to a usable ringtone for the iPhone?

4. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

I made a couple last night. Super sucked because I already owned the songs, but since I didn't buy them from iTunes, I had to REPURCHASE the songs before I could pay an additional $.99 to convert to ringtone. WTF. Although, comparing oranges to oranges, $1.98 is cheaper than other carriers, and they have a bigger selection to choose from.

Once the song is in iTunes, click on the bell icon. If you don't have a column for the ringtone bell, go into the dropdown menu View>View Options>Ringtone, that will show the bell icons next to the song. You can also sort by this column to bring all your 'ringtonable' songs to the top of the list.

Once you click the bell, it will bring up the maker at the bottom of the screen. Select the section of the song that you want, fade in, fade out, and duration, then make the ringtone with the button. It will sync to your phone on the next sync. By default, iTunes will sync all ringtones made.

My only complaint is they aren't loud enough on my phone.

Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes for this to work.